As our schools explore the need for online learning, AoP Tech has compiled resources for educators and leaders to support remote learning. Along with the resources, links, and video playlists below, here are some general tips to help support a successful transition.
- Before utilizing an e-learning or flexible instruction day, school communities will find it helpful to know the home access to technology (both hardware and wifi/internet availability) to determine the possibility of e-learning days.
- Testing out a fully virtual assignment in advance of an e-learning day will help teachers, students, and families feel more confident. Utilize available communication avenues to post the protocols and expectations for these days in addition to sharing this information in advance.
- Know that your plan for a single flexible instruction day may be different than if there is an extended closure of the school building. Schools should have plans in place for both scenarios.
- Students, especially those in younger grades, will feel more at ease if teachers can record a short message for them. Using tools like Flipgrid, Screencastify, or Google Drive to hold these videos can be helpful. Videos can be posted on a teacher website or Google Classroom. AoP Tech is here to help teachers in this morale-boosting endeavor!
- Develop a plan for recording attendance, reporting absences, and gathering family feedback during the e-learning process. Google Forms and your Student Information System can be great tools to gather and communicate this to families.
Please feel free to utilize the resources in the embedded document. This living document will be updated by the AoP Tech team as new resources are made available. To access a copy of this resource to add to your Google Drive, please click here. If you have questions about any of the resources above, or online learning in general, please reach out to email@example.com.
Additional Video Tutorial Resources
Our AoP Tech YouTube channel has a wide variety of videos to support teachers in using Google Classroom and digital tools. Highlights include:
Google Classroom Playlist
Google Forms Playlist
Digital Tools for Formative Assessment Playlist
Virtual Instruction Playlist
Google Calendar Basics
Using Videos within Google Slides Presentations
Scheduling Google Hangouts Meet
Enabling Google Hangouts Meet in the Admin Console
Using Google Classroom as a Hub for E-Learning
Adding Videos to Google Forms